Friday, December 26, 2008

A Gift for Hannah

Now that the holidays are done and the gifts have been given, it's time to share what I did with my December. First up, a little felt house for Hannah. I saw something similar to this on Anthropologie for an extreme amount of money ($7o something???) and thought, I can do this myself. Anthro's included bears inside, so I followed suit, but added a little Goldilocks, too. And then I gave Hannah a Goldilocks and the Three Bears book to go with it.


I fashioned each of the bears off of Hannah's family. Papa Bear is my brother--complete with goatee and Bears shirt (Chicagoans). Mama Bear is my sister-in-law Jenn, who is big into belly dancing. Baby Bear is my nephew Trent, who loves baseball and is a White Sox fan. While Hannah isn't blonde, I couldn't make Goldie a brunette. I just hope Hannah can pretend that it is her. =)


The house is sewn together felt and lines with pretty fabric inside. The outside is all decorated by needle felting.






Here's what the Anthro house looked like:

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is fantastic and so much better than the Anthro version. Love how you personalized it and all the little details. Beautiful work.

(via SMS)

Erin said...

Yours is MUCH nicer than the other version - especially the bears! Love their little shirts.

LollyChops said...

Oh Carrie! Thanks so much for sharing this project with me! You did an outstanding job! I cannot wait to do more needle felting.. esp now that I have seen your project!

HUGS!
Lolly

Anonymous said...

Whoa, Carrie, great job! I bet your niece loved/will love it! Love the details on both the bears and the adorable house. I like yours much better than the other.
MomChops