Monday, February 9, 2009

Not So New Hat

I have a confession to make: I've been holding out on you. But I swear it's only because I wanted to get some good pictures to share. In the year of the hat, I made another hat for me a few weeks ago that put my two-color work to to the test. I'm happy to report that I'm getting more and more comfortable with fair-isle knitting, and actually find it to be quite fun. The pattern is called Opus Spicatum, and you can find it here. I just used inexpensive Lions Brand Wool-Ease yarn that I got on sale for $3 a skein. And from those two skeins, I made this hat and a pair of mittens...but you'll have to wait a little longer to see the mittens. I know, I know. Sorry!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

designwaitress said...

MY FAVE!!!

Carrie said...

Thanks!

Rima said...

Lovely! Great hat!

(came here through comment train. see you often in blogland!)