Friday, November 20, 2009

6 Days to Go: A Thanksgiving Baby

My friend and co-worker, Miss Camela, is pregnant with her second baby. In addition to her day job, she and her husband also have their own farm. The baby is due November 30. In honor of a Thanksgiving baby and to pay homage to a new addition to the farm, I knit up this little sweater complete with funny felt carrot and tomato. Come to think of it, neither of those veggies will be on my Thanksgiving table, but they were cuter (and easier to make) than green beans and corn.

Here is a link to the Mossy sweater pattern. I changed the sweater so that there is no zigzag pattern. I just wanted something plain to be able to add the felt cuties to. The yarn is Lions Brand Organic Cotton in Olive. It is SOOO soft and cushy!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Angie said...

To cute!! my daughter just started taking Knitting classes. She's working on a purse and a scarf (that looks like a chain?) it's adorable to watch her at work.

LollyChops said...

You have crazy knitting skills (but I already know that cause I personally own a piece of yours)... I would seriously buy this sweater in my size.. seriously. It's totally amazing!!!!