Tuesday, November 24, 2009

2 Days to Go: That's Entertainment

TWO DAYS?!?! How the heck did this happen? I'm not ready. Then again, I never feel ready. And then everyone gets here and it all goes off without a hitch. Thanksgiving is all about the meal for most, but once that is all done and semi-digested, that's when the real entertainment begins. Below is a nice pictoral recap of what could and most likely will happen in the Anton household this turkey day.


Planes, Trains and Automobiles: This is one of the only true Thanksgiving movies that I can think of. Most others are more Christmas. Favorite phrase: "Gobble, gobble."

Another classic movie, but one I have to admit that I've watched TOO many times--and not at my choice. I still laugh when I see it, but I sometimes cringe when I see it come out.
Hours...and I do mean HOURS...of entertainment. This game only ends after I have no voice, a splitting headache and a husband who never wants to play another game again.

This game is getting added to the mix this year. I've played it at other places, but never with the family. Should be a good time.

Knitting...of course! It's the only way I can stay awake during the umpteenth showing of Christmas Vacation and my SIL is still learning, so I'll be giving lessons.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Christmas Vacation is to you as A Christmas Story is to me. I still laugh, but that one has been on endless rotation in our family for years. I guess we all have one of those. Have you ever watched "Christmas in Connecticut"? As a lover of older movies, you should totally check it out if you haven't already. It is one of my favorite classics.

How do you fit all this fun in?? What with the parade, the meal, games, and movies. Is your day 48 hours long?