Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cancer Doesn't Give a Hoot...But I Do!

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it sadly seems as though cancer is a theme for the month. An online friend from Ravelry's Knitters for Obama found out she has breast cancer. This is the woman who coordinated all the charity knitting for the Mattaponi Tribe. So a bunch of KFOers decided to knit her a surprise blanket to let her know we're thinking of her. We each had to knit (or crochet) an 8x8 inch square in green, blue, purple, or black. The design could be whatever we wanted. I decided to do a sweet owl, since I enjoy knitting them so much and they help make people smile.


Here are some of the other squares people have posted that will help make up the blanket. I can't wait to see how it all comes together. Everyone did such creative things!

Crocheted by aimeecrochets.

Knitted by doulaknitter.

Knitted by pezqueen.

Knitted by historyweaver.

Knitted by upstateknitter.

Knitted by colorfulknitter.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

carol said...

Ooooooooo! These are great! I especially love your little owl. I love its little eyes!

designwaitress said...

What an amazing gift. SO beautiful and creative!! LOVE your owl!!!!

Peanut Blossom said...

Was there meaning behind the color palette? Interesting choice of colors, I love your green! Very sweet gesture from all of you.

Carrie said...

Thanks, everyone! I think the color palette was based on colors she liked...but I can't remember.

Turtle said...

what a nice joint gift, love the owl!

babalisme said...

COngrats on your 300th post!! I won't be entering though.. I'm afraid I have use all of my luck meter the last time ;)