Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Day!

Well, kids, today is what we in the Midwest call a "snow day." Almost 18 inches dumped on us since last evening making it difficult to get out of the driveway, let alone drive to work. Technically, my company is still open and I live close, but I'm not up for braving the blizzard (which, by the way, is still in progress). So the day ahead of me includes lots of shoveling (a new joy of home ownership), hot chocolate/tea, sleeping, and some movies. I think I kind of love the snow day. Hope you're warm and safe wherever you are.

Here's the front of our house.

Poor Dex has nowhere to "go."

Down the street.

The first order of shoveling was a path for Dexter and his stubby legs.

Down the other side of the street.

Poor guy. We said "sit," and he had to sit in the cold, white stuff. All that just for a cute pic.

One more white-out view.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

LollyChops said...

W.O.W. I have never in my life lived someplace with that much snow! Going skiing is about the only time I get to see that much of the pretty white stuff!

SO COOL!

HUGS!
Lolly

P.S. HI DEX!

Angie said...

awww more great photos!! The snow looks beautiful!!!!! So last time I spoke to you I said it was sweater time in Cali. The temps were in the low 70's. Since then we've actually had something you could call winter! It dropped to 38 degrees at night and is barely 48 to 55 during the day THAT IS COLD!! I probably sound like a huge wuss to you but this is a close as I can get to relating to that photo of the snow!! Hope your staying dry and warm!