Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Only Knit for Christmas...

...goes to my niece Hannah! As you may recall, I started this blanket forever ago using yarn scraps. I then had to go to Ravelry asking for scraps there, and then onto my friends to beg for their scraps. After all that, I still only had what looked like a doll blanket instead of a lap blanket as I was hoping. But Hannah loves her "babies" and since I can't seem to knit her anything that fits right, I thought a dolly blankie would be perfect. (But she's getting other toy loot just in case!)

I love how pictures make blankets look gigantic. This blanket is just the opposite.

And it seems nothing would be complete from me without an owl or a skull applique. She's 3, so the the skulls can come later. =)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the owl stitched on there! So cute and a great addition!