Monday, January 11, 2010

Book Recommendation: The Well-Dressed Home

With the house still feeling rather empty and not "done," I've been trying to keep an eye out for inspiration decor books, sites, and blogs. There is so much out there, that it can be a tad daunting and often makes me realize that I like WAY too many things! And not that the following book that I'm going to recommend helped me narrow my likes down (in fact, it seemed to do just the opposite), but The Well-Dressed Home was really fun to look through and takes an interesting approach to interior design.

By looking through your closet and accessories, this book gives you tips on how to take cues from your personal style (which is what you're obviously most comfortable with) and apply them to your home's decor. The categories are broken down to romantic, couture, classic, casual, bohemian, retro, resort, modern, eclectic, vintage, and eco. And since no one really falls into just one category, Annette Tatum (author), combines different categories togehter and then makes mood/story boards and decorates rooms accordingly.

This is vintage casual. I love this one and have been thinking about taking this direction with my craft room (whenever the day may come that I get to that room, that is).


This is eco bohemian. I'd love this feeling for our outdoor space (come on, spring!).


This is retro casual. Another one I love for my craft room.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Angie said...

This sounds like a great book! I'll have to check it out!

8 crazy kids said...

Carrie, such a lovely post. I do PR for Annette Tatum and I was thrilled to find your blog today! A huge thank you for the wonderful review as well as all of the unique inspirations on your site.

Katherine