Thursday, January 8, 2009

RAK of the Sea

The start of a new month means the start of new RAK wishlists! Yay! If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I find a lot of joy in making knitter's little wishes come true. For January, I've already purchased a book for one person and a pattern for another, but being on a budget means I need to find other ways to give as well. One person, batty4yarn, is looking to complete her Recipe for Fish blanket but is getting burnt out on knitting fish after fish. (Below is what a finished blanket looks like.)




So batty4yarn's wishlist asked for people to knit some fish for her. Here are the four I'm sending. They were a lot of fun to make. I'm crazy enough to be thinking about making mine own now.




Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang! That finished blanket looks good! It makes me start to get crazy ideas, too. I know the seaming will turn me off, though. But if you start one, I'll knit some swimmers for you!

Carrie said...

Thanks! Maybe I can have people knit me fish and then find someone to volunteer to seam it. Because really I just want the blanket. =)

babalisme said...

gee no wonder knitting is such a dangerous sport. It looks really good but is it possible for one to knit all those fish?

Carrie said...

Oh, it's possible, but I think it would take quite a while. To knit the four fish that I did, it took me about two hours. And the knitting isn't the worst part...it's seaming all the fish together!

babalisme said...

I can't imagine that!
I think all knitters and seamers are awesome!

I (still) can't sew a button properly.