Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Evolution of a Project

With all the knitting of chemo caps I've been doing, it's easy to finish one and jump right into another. And since I'm pretty much a knitting addict, that's exactly what I've been doing. But over the holiday weekend I received the new Anthropologie catalogue (drool) and couldn't help but think the Starflower Cardigan sweater on the cover would be easy enough to duplicate. OK, maybe "easy" isn't the applicable word here, but it's a feather and fan stitch, which I've done before with minimal complications.

Before I tried writing my first-ever pattern, I was lucky enough to find someone on Ravelry who had already written something similar. It's not exactly the same, but it's close.

Then I started looking at what other people did with the pattern (the true beauty of Ravelry), and found the above variation that I really liked.

So I broke out the needles (um, OK, they were out already...addict, I remind you) and some RAK yarn and got to work. First attempt didn't go so great. I messed up somewhere and never quite recovered. So I ripped it all out and started over. Here's where I am so far...which is exactly as much as I ripped out.

Stumble Upon Toolbar


cici said...

Nice blog here...I have gotten use to ripping out. Can't wait to see it done.

Lauren said...

you and me both on the chemo caps! have made about 75 of them. can do in my sleep, ZZZzzz... the grey knit is GORGEOUS. no more ripping out; keep knitting!