Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Has Sprung!

Just when you feel like winter will never end in Wisconsin (and I feel that way starting Jan. 2), little glimpses of spring start to pop up. And it couldn't have come at a better time. Seriously. Like really seriously!

This was the first sign. The tulips and/or crocuses I planted in October were sprouting when the dirt around the tree was still half covered in snow. I think that's the flowers way of saying "enough is enough." Or maybe that was just me saying that.

And then on Sunday, this beautiful Morning Dove came and perched upon my fence. He/she (obviously I know nothing about birds) had a little lover, but I couldn't get the two in the picture together. I just love "its" colors.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Our tulips are poking up too. I love that they start that dark reddish color before turning vibrant spring green. Last year the deer ate my tulips about 1 day before the blooms would have opened. I was devastated. Going to the greenhouse to pick up some deterrent this morning, you might want to consider doing the same. And FYI: The Peanut sitting next to me just said, "Oh I love that birdie! Bring him to me!"

Angie said...

YAY!! I know you've been dreaming of warmer weather!! I have to tell you - yesterday in So Cal it was 91!!!!! Seriously! I had to break out the fake tan lotion and sun block!!