Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Mini-Mood Board for a Mini-Makeover

As hard as it was, I actually made a decision on the fabric I'll use to turn my bathroom mini-blinds into a fabric roman shade. I ordered and now have in my hot little hands new Amy Butler fabric from her Midwest Modern 2 line. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that this new fabric is going be all pretty and all alone in my ugly bathroom. And ugly bathroom doesn't appear look like it's going to be getting the big overhaul anytime soon. So pretty fabric led to wanting to paint my vanity, which led to wanting to paint my walls, which led to the need for mini-mood board. I'm hoping this is going to be a pretty cheap little makeover since I just need a wee bit of paint (I already have the towels and the fabric now), but one that makes me not hate getting ready in there in the mornings. The paint is Behr's Gobi Desert.

Below is the ugly bathroom in it's current state. I'm planning on painting the vanity the yellow color pictured in the mini-mood board. Now if only I could do something about the ugly medicine cabinet that had really bad lighting. Hmmm...I suppose that can wait.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Angie said...

Love the inspiration board!!

Tiffany said...

Ooh, I'm loving the yellow. Fantastic groupings, can't wait to see it finished!