Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Birthday Scarflette

Not sure why, but I know a lot of people with birthdays between October and February. So, in a sense, this month kickoffs the time when I need to start making or buying lots and lots of gifts. First up, is my step-mom's birthday. (I'm pretty sure she doesn't read this blog...if so, sorry Suzi for the spolier!). Last year, I was a total jerk and missed her birthday (like sent an e-card a week after...ugh!). I hate it when I do that, so this year, I'm hoping to make up for a little lost ground with a handknit scarflette. The yarn is Claudia & Co. in John B. color. Obviously, the season inspired the color. The stitch is a fan and feather. Now I just need to find a pretty brooch to finish the gift package.




Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think we have all been there when missing birthdays. I even have a birthday reminder for everyone I know set up on my computer and I still somehow miss a few...aparently ALL my friends forgot mine this year...not one phone call e-mail or card in the mail. Makes me think twice about remembering theirs!!!!!

lizzzknits said...

I love the feather and fan pattern. I made a huge shawl with it and it is so dramatic. Pretty colors in your cowl!

Carrie said...

Oh, Amy...that's a total bummer! Happy belated birthday from me! I celebrate my birthday for most of December, so I kind of make it so no one can forget my b-day.

lizzzknits...ooh, that shawl sounds beautiful! Would love to see pics!